Sunday, April 15, 2012

Fabric Flower

So how has your weekend been?

Today was the grocery-shopping day. Sometimes I shop two weeks at a time but there has not been a good sale on meat yet so I am waiting until the buy one get one sale comes back to stock up again.

So on the menu for 15th-22nd:

Sunday: Homemade Pizza
Monday: Turkey Sliders
Tuesday: Beer & bacon Mac’n’cheese
Wednesday: White Beans & Ham
Thursday: Seafood Pasta
Sunday: Stuffed Turkey Meatballs

A lot of new items on the menu for this week, so that makes me excited.

And hopefully I will get sushi on Friday since I reallllly wanted it today but they were closed! Stupid places that don’t list their hours on site or yelp….

Anyways I will get my sushi sometime this week even if I have to make it.  But onto the good stuff!

If you haven’t already seen this tutorial then I am glad to be able to share it with you. It is for an anthro inspired fabric flower.

You will need:
·      9 circles of fabric
·      circle of felt
·      hot glue


1.    Cut 9 circles of fabric, plug in the glue gun to heat up
2.    Fold the fabric circle in half then half again so it looks like an ice cream cone

3.    Glue to the felt circle,  repeat until 4 are glued onto the felt circle

5.    For the second row you glue four more but overlap them onto the where the other circles touched,  you will now have two rows of fabric attached
7.    For the finish take the ice cream cone shape and fold again, snip a small tip and glue into the middle of the flower

8.    Place small dots of the top of the petals and stick them to the center of the flower
9.    Fluff it up and arrange the petals how you like.
10. Attach to a clip or headband and voila!

Anyways that’s it for today!
Stay Crafty!
-Jesika

6 comments:

  1. So cute! Thanks for posting on Mauvin' Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. cute and nice tutorial! thanks for sharing - visiting from Pinterest Monday

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's so pretty! Great tutorial! I pinned it!
    Thanks for linking up with Pinterest Monday!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments, feedback and suggestions. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...